The Appia way: where some see undeveloped land, we envision communities. In this way, our president, Jim Bosa, continues in the Bosa family tradition that was established by his father, the legendary Nat Bosa of Bosa Development Corporation, one of North America's premier developers.
The Appia team, under Jim Bosa's leadership, is distinguishing itself for its vision in creating vibrant, exciting communities, with homes of superior quality, created with superb materials, exquisite finishes and fine craftsmanship. Homes that contribute to their neighbourhoods and provide lasting value to their owners.
"You don't just build a development. You build a reputation. And we want our reputation to speak for itself.
We want our greatest advocates to be the families who live in our homes."
-- Jim Bosa
Sustainability is the heart of strong communities and we design and build accordingly:
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our buildings and developments
- Creating centralized, pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use communities to decrease dependencies on vehicles while enhancing transit access
- Reducing energy use to decrease costs while increasing comfort with geo- exchange energy systems and ultra-efficient air conditioning
- Installing green roofs wherever possible and low-maintenance, water-wise landscaping
- Recycling and reducing waste through responsible construction practices
We add value to communities for all to enjoy, including:
- Madison Children’s Centre at Madison Centre, North Burnaby
- Assisted living townhomes (four) in Madison Centre Buchanan, North Burnaby
- Community Amenity Space at Spectrum, Metrotown, Burnaby
- Restoration/rebuild of 1908 Community School House, Gemini II, Burnaby
- "Granite Frog" at Buchanan Park, Madison Centre, North Burnaby
- "Time Carriage" at Commerce Citi, Burnaby
- Public art program at Solo, North Burnaby
- "Made in China" (dragon sculptures) at Prado, Richmond
- Public art for ongoing SkyTrain column, Richmond
- Giro di Burnaby annual bike race - Sponsor
- Telus Science World - Corporate Sponsor
- Answer for Cancer Tour 2011 - Sponsor
- Burnaby Lakers Lacrosse - Sponsor
- BC Children's Hospital Foundation - Donation
Building on a family legacy of excellence and innovation, Jim Bosa established Appia Group of Companies in 1991. His visionary leadership style and growing reputation for setting new standards is the driving force behind the company's success as one of North America's premier property development firms. Jim's word is his bond and he consistently delivers what he promises in the construction of well thought out and well designed high-rise residential, commercial and mixed-use projects. Realizing that you are only as good as the people around you, Jim developed and continues to manage an outstanding team of construction specialists with a focus on progressive leadership and accountability.
#1200–4445 Lougheed Hwy
Burnaby, BC Canada